Teaching and Publications
Laura Crawley is a consultant ophthalmic surgeon with specialist interests in glaucoma, cataract surgery and common red eye conditions such as blepharitis and conjunctivitis. Her expertise include bespoke cataract surgery, glaucoma laser treatments, minimally invasive and penetrating glaucoma surgery. She has extensively researched, written, and presented on these topics, many examples of which we have shared below.
Ophthalmology at a Glance
“Ophthalmology at a Glance provides a concise overview of the speciality, with clear and simple diagrams illustrating the essential information required for students, trainee optometrists, opticians and speciality nurses.” (From Amazon.co.uk)
Manual of Glaucoma
“Manual of Glaucoma is a comprehensive reference guide to the basics, diagnosis and new surgical possibilities for the treatment of glaucoma.” (From Amazon.co.uk)
Fetal and Neonatal Neurology and Neurosurgery
“This book provides a definitive reference work on the developing brain, from conception through the first year of life. Its purpose is to provide the range of specialists involved in the management of the fetus and the neonate with the latest information on the developmental neurology and pathology of the developing central nervous system, so that they can provide prompt and informed treatment of neurological disability – the most feared complication of pregnancy and the early months of the life of the newborn child.” (From Amazon.co.uk)
Glaucoma Medical Diagnosis & Therapy
“Recent dramatic advances in diagnosis, as well as medical treatment, mean that you can offer your glaucoma patients more timely and effective interventions. Volume One in this brand-new clinical reference focuses on the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of glaucoma treatment, and the latest imaging techniques such as ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography as well as new compounds, combinations, and classes of drugs.” (From Amazon.co.uk)
Emerging Laser and Surgical Treatments for Glaucoma
“e-LfH is a Health Education England Programme in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies providing high quality content free of charge for the training of the NHS workforce across the UK.
Formed following a ground-breaking project in Radiology, e-LfH is now in the process of delivering over 30 e-learning projects in partnership with medical Royal Colleges and other professional healthcare organisations.
The online training sessions enhance traditional learning, support existing teaching methods and provide a valuable reference point. They are designed and built to be engaging and interactive, using quality images, video, audio and animation to help trainees learn and retain knowledge. Content is presented using various templates such as ‘real-life’ scenarios, case studies and ‘knowledge bites’.
The e-LfH programme is proud to have achieved many industry awards for best practice in e-learning and to have been quoted as “transforming medical education for the 21st century”.” (From www.e-lfh.org.uk)
More Research and Publications
- Arunkirinathan M, Ting M & Crawley L (2014) ‘Recognising and managing retinal vein occlusion’ Br J Hosp Med, 75;S8-S12
- Bloom P, Negi A, Kersey T, Crawley L, (2013) ‘Cyclodestructive techniques’ in ‘Glaucoma’ 2nd edition
- Crawley L, Bloom P, Cordeiro MF (2012) ‘Preferred control of chronic open angle glaucoma: medications vs surgery. ‘Highlights of Ophthalmology 40;9-17
- Crawley L, Zamir SM, Cordeiro F, Guo L (2012), ‘Clinical options for reducing intraocular pressure.’ Ophthalmology & Eye diseases, 4;1-22
- Sandhina T, Crawley L, Thaung C, daCruz L (2012) ‘Familial exudative vitreoretinopathy with an anterior segment vasoproliferative mass.’ Graefes Arch Clinic Exp Ophthalmol;250(3)467-469
- Crawley L, Bloom P, (2014) ‘Endoscopic Cyclophotocoagulation’ in the International Glaucoma Society Instructional Manual in Glaucoma Surgery, JayPee Publishing
- Normando E, Crawley L, Ahmed F, Bloom P, Cordeiro M (2015), Objective Assessment of Progression after Acute Primary Angle Closure Using HRT and GDx. J Clin Exp Ophthalmol, 6(425)
- Topical glaucoma treatments and their effects on the ocular surface, endocyclophotocoagulation laser treatment for glaucoma, primary eye care strategy, complex glaucoma and post-operative management